Why Electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) gets rejected | Useful Tips
You need to have a positive outcome for your India visit. This guide will assist you in getting a successful outcome for your application for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) so that your journey can be stress free. If you follow this guide then the chances of rejection will be minimised for your Indian Visa Online Application that you will apply online here.
Requirements for electronic Visa for India (e-Visa India)
Whilst the requirements for an electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) are quite simple and straightforward a small percentage of applications are rejected.
We will cover the requirements first, then move on to reasons for rejection.
Requirements for an electronic Visa for India (eVisa India) are:
- An Ordinary passport that is valid for 6 months at the time of entry.
- Being of good character without criminal history. You can read about Visa Policy of India here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_India.
- A valid payment method.
- Email ID to receive electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India).
16 Reasons Why an eVisa India gets rejected | Guide to Avoid Rejection
- In your application for Indian Visa Online you concealed the fact that you had a criminal history and tried to hide this fact from the Indian Government in your eVisa India application.
In your application for Indian Visa Online you mentioned that had linkages with Pakistan with your parents, grand-parents or yourself were born in Pakistan. In this instance your Indian Visa Online application should be filed in paper format and not as an electronic India Visa Online application (eVisa India).
You should go to the Indian Embassy and apply for a regular paper visa by commencing the process here.
- You already had an active and valid Indian Visa Online. Note that you may have had a past visa for 1 Year or 5 Years that is already valid. If you apply for an eVisa for India again then your Visa for India is rejected because only one India Visa Online is valid on a single passport at a time. If you apply again, by forgetfulness or mistake then your subsequent Visa for India will be automatically rejected. You can have only one application in flight at a time for a passport.
- When you completed the application for India Visa Online, you applied for an Incorrect Visa Type. You are a business person and coming for a business trip but used a Tourist Visa or vice-versa. Your stated intention must match the type of visa.
- In your Online Application for Indian Visa Online, your Travel Document was not valid for 6 months at the time of entry.
- Your Passport is not Ordinary. Refugee travel documents, Diplomatic and Official passports are not eligible for Visa to India electronically. If you need to apply for an Indian Government eVisa for India, the you have to travel on an ordinary passport. For all other passport types, you have to apply for a paper or regular visa through Indian Government nearest Embassy / High Commission.
- Insufficient Funds: Indian Government can ask you for funds to support your stay in India, may be required to provide the evidence.
Blurred Face Photo: The photograph of your face must be clear from the top of your head to chin. Also it should not be blurred and should be taken from a camera with at least 6 Megapixels resolution.
Read more about India Visa Photo Requirements.
Blurred Passport Copy: The date of birth, name, and passport number, passport issue and expiry date must be clear. In addition the two lines at the bottom of passport called MRZ ( Magnetic Readable Zone) should not be chopped of in your passport scan copy / photo taken from phone / camera.
Read more about India Visa Passport Requirements.
- In your application for Indian Visa Online, there was Information Mismatch: If you make a mistake in the passport fields and your application then your application can be rejected especially for important fields like passport number, date of birth, name, surname, middle name. If you forget to write you name as exactly shown in your passport, your Visa to India application will be rejected.
- Wrong reference from home country: India Visa Online application requires you to mention a reference in your home country or the country of passport. If you are a United States citizen living in Dubai or Hong Kong for the past few year and intending to visit India, you still need to provide reference from United States and not Dubai or Hong Kong. A reference can be anyone including your family member and friends.
- You lost your old passport and have applied for a new Visa to India. If you apply for an Indian Visa Online because you lost your old passport you will be asked to provide a lost passport police report.
- You are visiting for Medical reasons to India but applying for Medical Attendant visa. There are two separate types of Visa to India. All patients need to apply for a Medical Visa, two Medical Attendants can accompany a patient on Medical Visa for India.
- Letter from the Hospital is not provided for Medical Visa. A clear letter is required from the Hospital for the procedure, surgery, treatment for the patient on the Hospital letterhead for medical visa.
- Business Visa for India requires website address for both companies, the company of the person visiting Indian and the website of Indian company that is being visited.
- Electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) for Business requires either a business card or an email signature with the application. Some applicants provide photocopy of Visa/Mastercard debit card, but this is incorrect. What is required is the business/visiting card of your company/business.
Everything is in order but still cannot travel
If you have received your India Visa Online with the successful / Granted status, even then it is possible that you still be prevented from travelling. Some of the reasons include:
- Issued Visa to India from the Government of India does not match the details on your passport.
- You do not have 2 blank pages on your passport for stamping at the airport. Note that you do not require any stamping at Indian Embassy or Indian High Commission.
Concluding remarks for electronic Indian Visa Online (eVisa India)
There are a few of details to be aware of to avoid rejection of your application. If in doubt please write to email@example.com or apply here for a guided and streamlined, simple application process for applying for an eVisa to India.
Ensure that you have checked the eligibility for your India eVisa.
Please apply for a India Visa 4-7 days in advance of your flight.